Monday, September 17, 2012

My First Post!

I finally made myself a blog! Now I can use Pinterest, and blogs as great procrastination tools! So long homework! (Just kidding..)
 
I am so excited to join the blogging world! I have been looking at some teaching blogs for a while and I finally decided to create my own! :) I had a blog once before, for a class in high school -it has been awhile, and let's be honest I wasn't that creative! I am excited to learn all the blogging tricks  and I wouldn't be able to do it without a little help from Teacher Blogging Basics.  A friend of mine, Alex,  has been blogging for awhile, she is now a 1st year teacher and off to a rockin' start! I have been following her blog, and she has GREAT ideas - she is such an inspiration to me!
 
I am currently pursuing my Bachelor's degree in Psychology at the University of Mary Washington, this is my last year (wahoo for being a senior!) As an undergrad, I am currently taking many education courses and practicum placements as well as my major requirements. After graduating, I will immediately go into the Master's Program to start my Master's of Elementary Education also at the University of Mary Washington. It is a 5 year accelerated program, which I will be very thankful for in the future! I can't wait to start my student teaching year!
 
I am excited to be a part of the blogging world now! If you have any ideas, tips, or suggestions I would greatly appreciate them! I can't wait to start posting and becoming a blogging expert like many of you all :)

3 comments:

  1. Alex! This question is about to show how much of a "newbie" I am....how do I follow blogs? Like other people have a section "Blogs I follow". Is this a widget or gadget I am guessing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, blogging is a wonderful and HUGE procrastination tool! =)

    Welcome to blogging! I hope you love it as much as I do. I am your newest follower. To follow a blog, you just click on the followers' button that is usually located on the left or right sidebar...it will be where it says members and has all of the different pictures of those who follow your blog. See my butterfly heart?

    I love Miss School Potato and follow her blog too!

    I am happy to help if you ever need anything. =)

    If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather thanks for such a warm welcome! I think I have finally figured it out! I'll definately have to play around on here when I have more time on the weekend.

      I visited your blog and followed it (well...hopefully, if it worked!). I loved looking at your ideas! What really stood out to me what your positivity. I loved your lesson on promoting a community within the classroom and how you seem to encourage kindness, manners, respect, etc. I love when my practicum teachers spend time on this, it is great character building and really makes the class stand out.

      I look forward to exploring more on your blog!

      Little Miss Teacher :)

      Delete