Thursday, March 7, 2013

SEUSStacular Celebration

One of my favorite days!

Dr. Seuss's birthday was on Saturday March 2nd - however as much as I LOVE being in the classroom with the kiddos... Saturdays the weekend is my time! In my practicum class with Kinders, we celebrated on Friday, starting the day off right with Green Eggs and Ham! All the kids tried it, I was surprised! I made a few things: a reading tote (for my Dr. Seuss books, of course), a Seuss shirt, and center activities!

~Seuss tote:
Oh iron ons. That about sums it up. I thought it would iron on with transparent background...luckily I learned otherwise on this tote instead of my red tshirt. My roommate suggested the idea to add a ribbon border to the iron on page, and to add some scrunched ruffle to the handles. I thought it ended up looking less of a disaster!






~Seuss shirt:
This is one of my favorite quotes! I have seen it on shirts, bags, walls, framed and I am sure many other places. I loved the way this turned out.









~Seuss Centers:

Patterns, Basic Addition, Ending Sounds Color

**I will post pictures of my center activities in a few days and maybe even give you some freebies!

No comments:

Post a Comment